Saturday, May 03, 2008

The Swashbuckler Soiree


Ahoy to all my long lost Blogpanions! Did you think I would not set sail with ye?
Donna of The Ribboned Crown Is hosting a grand party today ,and I simply could not resist joining in.
Have I been out of the bloggy loop lately?
Have I been slaving and organizing my house for sale ?
Did my fabulous house create a bidding war over its beautiful self?
Is there an inspector inspecting it as we speak?
You bet your sweet Pirates Booty ,the answer is yes to all questions!
Thus I decided a game of Fantasy Google Image Fashion Stylist was needed!

To attend a soiree one needs the perfect dress!I'm sure the Texas Fashion Collection,won't mind if borrow This Balenciaga gown from 1966.
For added Pirate Punk Punch how about this necklace from Zarobi Designs ?
I couldn't decide between these 2 wonderfully intricate bags from The Victorian Trading Company.
...but the Moulin Rouge hose (also from The Victorian Trading Company were an easy pick.
...and a Pirate Queen MUST have a pair of swashbuckling boots!This pair designed by Heatherette were the perfect choice from Irregular Choice.
I will need a sword,oh wait.....that could be messy. What if I get into a scuffle and get blood all over my borrowed Balenciaga?
This poison ring from Solange Azugury Partridgewill be much neater and MUCH more subtle.
Here I am ready to give all for my Pirate Prince!
Poor wandering one. I saved him.
He thinks I only have eyes for him(ack!!! there I am again with theBettie Page bangs!). Fooled poor Fredrik again.
...but who could resist Kevin Kline as the Pirate King.

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew YOU would be the best dressed for sure! Happy to hear about your house!!
Happy Swashbuckler's Soiree!
Have fun today!
xox
Constance

Betty said...

That was so fun!! Love the Kevin Kline clip!!

Dorian Fletcher said...

I am still laughing - LOVED the Kevin Kline video! This was a perfect addition to the Soiree, Ms. JDP! Good luck in your new home.

Dorian Fletcher said...

P.S. - the hose were to die for.

Sylvia Anderson said...

Love your pirate costume choices, and accessories! The Kevin Kline clip was great too!!

Magpie Sue said...

That's definitely the best dress for the occasion. And the hose! Woohoo! So glad you found time to do some shopping for the soiree!

Magpie Sue

Ladywillowgrey Ancalimon said...

I LOVE PIRATES OF PENZANCE!!!!!!!! Actually I love anything by Gilbert & Sullivan. Kevin Kline is sooooooooo funny!!!!! ^-^

Auberne' Ancalimon @-`---

Ottilias Veranda said...

I love all your choises for dressing up. And I admire You for having time to join the soiree with so much going on around You!

Welcome aboard
Cheers!

Liisa

Anonymous said...

Bettie Page bangs? Moulin Rogue hose? Hmmm....I think you've got the right idea here to make any soiree a hit with the pirates! So happy you made it Lisa!!
D.

Jennifer said...

blogpanions, what a great word. it looks like you have a lot of fun as a pirate. thanks for sharing the great pics (regardless of the bangs)! :)

jenny

Christine LeFever said...

Kevin Kline is fine king o' the pirates too!

Yer fashion sense is beyond comparison matey!

Cheers to ye!

Christine

Zwee!!!!!!!!

S Stargell Designs said...

Now I want to go shopping for a frock, baubles and boots! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful finds.Looks like ye had fun with yer pirate too.

Anonymous said...

YOU HAVE BEEN SORELY MISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought you fell off the planet into stage wonderland!!! xoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxox

Bethany said...

Well first off I have to compliment your choice of fancy frock....Balenciaga?? Wowee!!! That must be some fancy piratey ship ye be going a sailin on!! lol
Great fun with the Kevin Kline clip!! Have to show my son...he will love it!
:)

Heidi Ann said...

Ahoy!!I'm always so happy to see a new post from you! OMG, do I ever love that pair of boots! (But I love ALL of the choices!)

Jane said...

That dress is so worthy of a fantastic party! I am sure it was happy to get out and play for a while. Congrats on the house. Looking forward to seeing your new house become dreamy.

Timothy Hogan said...

Arrrrrgh. 'nuff said.

Jane said...

What's going on with the house? Updates!?

Anonymous said...

Hi!
The only thing I think is missing from the perfect pirate outfit is a great entrance! (Cue: Band of pirates and Peter Pan)

Andrew B.

Angelina said...

OK, but did you find a house to move to? Congratulations on starting a bidding war over real estate, that's not how it's going for most sellers right now! I hope you have a new/old house to be excited about.

Anonymous said...

Okay, let me alter your name for a second...

Miss Lissssaaaaa Gabriellllaaa can you hear me??? try and understand me... Miss Lisa can you help me see the light.... Have you ab-andoned all us?? Will you return to blogluvs...

Okay, that is as Yentl as I can get.. ;) Miss you xoxo

Anastasia said...

Hey there sweet! where are you...so long to hear from you!!!

Gina said...

oh my gosh you are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love your blog and those photos!
Happy Creating Denise xxoo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin