Friday, August 31, 2007

My Own Vintage Clothing Fashion Magazine,August,Wedding Belle Blues

Well of course and why not vintage for your dress on that special day!It could be the perfect budget panacea for what ails ya. I must admit though,with regards to that perfect ensemble on that perfect day,the bride should be allowed to choose with impunity to which ever way the wind blows her whim! I am merely here as your fashion editor,to remind you that vintage can certainly step up to the bridal fashion plate!
BRIDE:Ah me,another day another blockbuster to shoot!
GROOM:Are we going to do this thing?
BRIDE: Come on,buster,get that crazy Italian jacket inside the chapel!
GROOM :Can we push the fast forward button,? I gotta meeting with the suits at the studio?
.......and smiles for the Paparazzi!
That red velvet dress with matching red velvet hat ,inherited from your Grandmother could be perfect for Valentines day.
Don't forget to toss on Grandmothers gloves for tossing the bouquet!
Lace is always perfect,whether short or long!
Even the Justice of the Peace will compliment you in this suit from the 40's!

....and now for The Floor collection.For that unconventional bride,why not jeans?A long black sheer lace piece layered with...
...an antique hand tatted ecru lace bolero,and oodles of pearls!
A variation on this same look.
Why,you may ask, do I have all these crazy pictures,of me and the hubs in wedding attire(oh,and believe me there are more where those came from!)? Once upon a time when my hubs and I decided to get married in Vegas,we (read I) took a leap of faith that the chapel we chose would be a suitable vessel for pledging our love.Incredulous that there was no book on the subject we set out to create our own. Armed with a backseat full of vintage clothes,and flying in our favorite photographer from New York City,the uber talented Mister Stephen Mosher,we plunged right in and interviewed and photographed MOST of the chapels.We even nabbed a literary agent! Yes,we have a lovely collection of rejection letters from Penguin to Workman Publishing to prove it.I thought it was time these wonderful memories saw the light of day.
What to do with hoarded thrifted wedding frocks? How about a window treatment.
Just in case you wondered what I wore on my own wedding day,well of course it was vintage AND thrifted ...and heres the story. The best reason to wear vintage on your special day? My oldest jewel has flattered me by saying she wants to wear my dress at her wedding. Inherited vintage is always the best!

19 comments:

VintagePurseGal said...

Fab post, great clothes, and you and the hub are gorgeous... but... THAT '40s SUIT! Is it a Lilli Ann?

jungle dream pagoda said...

Wendy -
Good eye! That suit is totally a Lily-Ann! I actually google imaged it because I couldn't find the pics from the 40's set up we did for Little Chapel of the West! too bad too,the hat in that set is to die for!

Vallen said...

My mom had two of those knit suits, one purple, one forest green. I have always wshed that she save them. They were gorgeous

Unknown said...

Fantastic photos..wedding pictures in the giant shoe would be the very best!

My dress was Pier One.....that India look going on...

My good friend though was married in a beautiful vintage 1800's slip and orange leather (like buttah) cowboy boots!!

Anonymous said...

love that 40's suit - and all those pix of you and that very cute Man next to you - I was married in my Gran's 40's teal suit jacket, cream chiffon palazzo capris and sleeveless embroidered top and cowboy boots - oh and pearls... imagine that jdp!?! - may have to do a fashion statement about that - you do so inspire!

xox - eb.

Anonymous said...

Stunning photographs (lovely setting), looks like they should be in a movie :) Your wedding dress is gorgeous, love the long veil!
The red dress is wonderful too, suits you to a T.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous pictures! I love your vegas/wedding chapel interviews trip, I would love to hear more of the numerous related stories that I am sure there are. The red dress and hat are to die for and look absolutely fabby on you love. Sometimes I think I might actually want to get married just to wear a vintage wedding dress...

Anonymous said...

WAIT! This is incredible! Amazing!!!!!! You are hiding too many secrets... heehee... Oh my goodness, I am speechless!!!!!! xoxoxoxoxo

Anastasia said...

oh wow!!! Fantastic photos - love the red dress...you look SO beautiful!! what a gorgeous couple you are! fun fun!!!
i love fitted 40's stytle suits, they will never ever date!

Gina said...

Oh so much fun to read your blog! And you are dreamy beautiful in your photo. What a wonderful gift to pass along.

Holly Hall said...

That would have been some book! Gorgeous, Dollface. Absolutely stunning.

stilettoheights said...

those photos are wonderful beyond words, I for one would have read that book!!!!

Anonymous said...

Truly, you are so fabulous that it almost hurts! I would love to see the publication of such a book...it would be FANTASTIC! The photos are utterly beautiful!
MY hub and i daydream about getting "re-married" one day in Vegas, in the tackiest chapel we can find, by an Elvis Impersonator. I can see that i will HAVE to find a suitable vintage frock for tis occasion!

Anonymous said...

I would totally buy that book for my "library"! You are a treasure!

Michelle Legler said...

You make me want to SCREAM with excitement everytime you put an outfit together!!! (or show pictures of past) I ADORE your talent!!
You should own a vintage clothing shop someday!!!

Peta said...

I want to hear more about that trip! The photos are fab and you and Hubs look like you were made for each other :)

Anonymous said...

Pretty spiffy duds!!!! Soooooo fun!!

Thriftin' Gal @ Junk In My Trunk said...

I have so enjoyed all the photos, as always. I love all the outfits, I don't know if I could pick a favorite!

Rebecca said...

These pictures are fabulous!!! What a divine collection. And as always, I adore your fashion magazine posts. Ta!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin