Monday, November 06, 2006

Aloha, darlings I'm off for a bit!

Setting: A balcony in Honolulu there is an ocean view,the sun is just about to set. I can feel the gentle breeze brushing against my cheek.I have just finished a Mai Tai and now the waiter is replacing it with a nice Chardenay and an exotic plate of fresh Mahi Mahi and native vegetables with Poi.I am gazing into the beautiful blue eyes of the only man I have ever truly loved.The sound of the waves is the perfect sound track.
Slowly my husbands hand reaches across the table,his eyes are locked onto mine,(THE RECORD SKIPS )his hand suddenly collides with our Littlest Flower Blossoms hand as she dumps the remaining ketchup onto the white linen tablecloth just missing her french fries.(CUE THE WHINING 10 YEAR OLD)"Dad theres nothing good to eat here,just a bunch of raw fish and fruit"!
AND CUT!
Ah yes,its a family vacation to Hawaii,oh well Almost Paradise ,oh wait a minute that was last month,man ,I cannot get that crazy 80's tune outa my head!


I must escape for a week. I shall miss you all,but will return with a vengeance(just as soon as I get over the jetlag).

7 comments:

Jennifer W. said...

Oh no!!! I'm too late to wish you bon voyage AND thank you for the most wonderful package EVER! Major props coming your way to read on your return. Have a great time - I will be living vicariously through you with the box o' Hawaii you sent my way!

Unknown said...

How wonderful! Have a lovely trip!

Rebecca said...

HAVE FUN! I can't wait to hear all about it.

carrster said...

Have a fabulous trip!!

ChicChick said...

Oh, Hawaii! I hope it was WONDERFUL...I'm so excited to see that you will be participating (I think?) in the Vintage Christmas swap! YAY!

Timothy Hogan said...

Well, here in Minnesota, we have entered our six months of darkness. So while I wish you a lovely week in sunny paradise I do so with a sing-songy sarcastic tone of voice born out of resentment and envy.

Peta said...

Hope you had a great trip and thanks for your lovely comments on my blog! I can't wait to see your Christmas decorating. I have just started mine and photos will be up very soon.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin