Friday, December 01, 2006

A Snowbunny and a WIP for that Somebunny !

It snowed yesterday! In Texas! Close to Christmas even! This is quite unusual because most freezing precipitation around these parts is just sleet! Ah,but the girls got to play in the snow,not enough accumulation for a snowman,but plenty to catch on your tongue.What was NOT unusual for crazy Texas weather is the day before it was 80 degrees! Or perhaps its mereley evidence of that inconveniant truth .
My "little girl with the great big curl right in the middle of her forehead" will be needing a holiday frock for her already full social calendar,so I began playing around with some vintage textiles and a little pinafore made of a red ticking fabric(thrifted ofcourse).I had originally wanted to plan a design around these goodies ,and use pink and green as the colors for Her Maj (could you die for the linen towel with the wassail bowl and the pink reindeer?). I simply could not find a suitable base dress to embellish. Lucky for me I remembered the little striped dress,I had put back for this year. Ofcourse its still in the draping stages,but its coming along. For the collar I will use a crocheted doily with 3-D roses,and perhaps it will be complete with the simple addition of a vintage Christmas apron hemmed and altered. Whats really sweet is you are able to see the stripes through the sheerness of the apron. I love it so far ,any suggestions?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks good so far. Can't wait to see the finished project! That apron is darling!

Jennifer W. said...

You have such a creative mind for using old linens the way you do - I love what you have shown, though I hope the towel gets used in a project as well!

Petula Darling said...

That dress is going to be so cute!

S. said...

Gosh, I love it. It's over the top in a great way. It will be so adorable on.

I didn't see the film but, I have no doubt in my mind that the environment is f***!d.

Last year we had a completely WARM winter with virtually no snow. That is not at all usual for Ontario. We typically get knee deep a few times throughout the winter. Most people just laughed when I said it was global warming. I don't understand why we're not all running around screaming in fear.

Sarah and Jack said...

Oh man, that towel is too cute! I like the way you can see through the new "pinafore" on the dress.

Rebecca said...

Um yeah, I would have fought you right in the thrift store for that tea towel with the pink reindeer. ;)

Gorgeous dress, I want one in grown up size!

StephenMosher said...

Mama told me it had snowed. What fun the girls must have had! But not the grown ups who don't know how to drive in the snow..

xoste

ps. golly, my goddaughter is gorgeous..

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin