Thursday, October 08, 2009

Planning a Beautifully Creepy Halloween


Honestly ,how much in the mood for the Samhain Season does this doll image put you in? I cannot recall where I came across this odd little shot ,but something about it caused me to right click and save the picture.I think its the tattered dress and how she is turned to the wall....it just conjures up such a creepy back-story for me.

My own creepy but beautiful thrifted dollie.Evidently she is a crying doll Tiny Tears or something like that...even weirder!



Imagine her contained in a terrarium,like this dollie who had the unfortunate experience of sitting for a painting by Amy Kollar Anderson.



Perhaps my vintage hoodoo witchie doll might provide a bit of inspiration.


If you need a beautiful but creepy something to watch. This spooky but gorgeous anime piece Hell Girl will certainly put a snap in your drawers. Poor doomed Ai ,just be very sure vengeance is what you wish for before you pull the red string.




And finally this amazingly adorable short film starring the creepily beautiful Sisters Kane will mesmerize you.
Here it is "Callalily" by Christy Kane .

4 comments:

Tia said...

Ahhhhhh, love the spooky dolly of yours! Is she going to wear a mask for Halloween? Hehe The first picture is pretty amazing and you're right... it does kind of evoke the oogy boogies! I'm almost ready for halloween to be over so I can start decorating for Fall now. hahaha.

Anonymous said...

I love the painting!

rochambeau said...

Love it all. Perhaps it's not supposed to, but I find all this darkness making me giggle.
There is a good moral to Callalilies story!! Thank you Lisa G.
xox
Constance

Petula Darling said...

Ooooo spoooooky! (and very fun)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin