Friday, May 27, 2011

Thrifted: A Holy Grail Item !

Look at this amazing vintage dress form !!! Thrifted this week for 19 bux!!!
Twenty bucka-roos is a truly big ticket item for me at the thrift....but...how could I have possibly resisted?
It is presently residing in Ruby's room (note the dinosaurs)who has informed me I shall now refer to her as Princess Hipster. Alright your madge...would you like that with or without sprinkles?
Speaking of my princess with the hipster heritage ...we are off to Austin this week for a UIL solo competition. She qualified as one of 3 freshman students to go to state.
....and while I am bragging on my sweet (and sometimes sour)P.H.... can I just share how proud I am of her. She won an award for the Outstanding Freshman Vocal Tech Student....AND....for having one of the top GPA's in the freshman class !!!
My cup runneth over!!
I shall be back with Austin adventures next week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cool find! Bet Ruby will have a ball dressing her up. Thanks for the info on the paint--I'll go have a look! I found out recently that you can special order Krylon through Sherwin-Williams and you can get colors there not available in stores (check the website for the full list).

Now I just have to decide what color to paint my set! I don't have cool old chairs like you do, but my set is looking worn and faded and blah, so a coat of bright paint will really help!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin